Saturday, November 17, 2012

NaNoWriMo and Me: I Got Nuthin

An alternate title for this blog post could be:
  

I Got Nuthin*


What I'm writing today is not worth reading. Sometimes it flows right out of me and other times every word is a struggle. Today the writing muses are not smiling on me.

Ah yes, the National Novel Writing Month takes place annually every November. This is the first year I've made the crazy commitment to write 50,000 words in one month. All-in-all, I'm glad I'm doing it. It's teaching me a lot about myself and my fiction writing.

The relationship I have with my story, my characters and my craft is all over the board. Sometimes I love my characters but hate my story, sometimes I love my plot but hate my writing, etc. - you get the picture. 

(And yes, I get that love and hate are strong <<and lazy>> words to use here but I told you that what I'm writing today is not worth reading.)  

Focusing on the positive, here are my stats:
- as of today I've written 30,742 words (some are good and some are pure crap)
- I have 14 days to write 19,258 more words (hopefully some will be good)

What do you guys do when you're in a rut and nothing you write sounds good? Keep tap, tap, tapping or walk away for a bit? I'm walking away for today. 

Before I go, let me share this funny NaNoWriMo video. 




What I have today: *noth·ing/ˈnəTHiNG/

Pronoun:
Not anything; no single thing: "I said nothing".

Adjective:
Having no prospect of progress; of no value: "he had a series of nothing jobs".

Adverb:
Not at all: "she cares nothing for others".

Synonyms:
pronoun.  none - anything
adverb.  not at all - none - never - not a bit - not in the least
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.