Friday, February 1, 2013

Surviving the Storm: a Poem


The morning broke
I was alone
No friends around
My heart a stone

A storm approached
There was no breeze
The day was still
There were no trees

Dark clouds rolled in
A mist did fall
I closed the doors
No one to call

My little house
All safe and dry
Is strong like me
We do not cry

We’ve weathered storms
This house and I
We’ve seen worse gales
Pass us right by

We will survive
We always do
This house and I
We will get through

____________________________________________________
This post is in participation with the Group Blogging Experience, and this week we used a picture prompt. If you want to blog with us, go to the GBE2 Facebook page and request to join the group. Everyone is welcome.

11 comments:

  1. Sad, but inspirational. I had no idea you were a poet. I love that it rhymes. Poetry that doesn't rhyme isn't poetry to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the strength and the determination of little house and you. Really moving. Living this one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the entwined strength of the house and the person., weathering everything together. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my post. This is a great poem! Loved your take on making yourself and the house like one. Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN..and..lets all visit her little house!!!!!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was beautiful! You are an amazing poet.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful poem, Langley.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful words moving from negative to positive in your verse. Your inner strength is apparent in the house you have built.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.